Home Page: Meeting Minutes
December 12, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
TOWN OF LAMARTINE
Town Board Meeting Minutes
December 12, 2005
With all notices having been properly posted, Ed Montsma, Chairman called the December meeting to order at the Lamartine Municipal Building Meeting Room at 7:30 Pm.
Supervisors Mike Suprenand and Frank Bartzen were in attendance at this meeting.
Ed led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Ed then called for any corrections or additions in the November Board Meeting minutes. Frank made a motion seconded by Mike to approve the November minutes as presented. Motion carried 3-0.
Ed asked Greg to give the November Treasurer’s report. The Treasurer’s report was read aloud with an ending balance of $341,565.22. Mike made a motion to approve the Treasurer’s report as presented. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
Bodart Rezoning Request to rezone 9+ acres of land from Agricultural to Residential—Ed asked Plan Commission Chairman Jim Reitzner if the Plan Commission had a recommendation for the Town Board on this rezoning. Jim stated that the Plan Commission voted to will recommend to the Town Board that this rezoning request be approved for the rezoning of only 2.74 acres of land with a legally binding restriction that no more than two total residences be allowed on this 9+ acre parcel of land. Discussion took place regarding this rezoning. Mike made a motion to approve the 2.74 acres of land to residential with a deed restriction to keep it to one house on the 2.74 acres. Frank seconded the motion. Ed then called for a vote stating that a YES vote would mean the rezoning is approved and a NO vote would mean the rezoning would not be approved. Let the record show that three paper ballot votes were cast with the following results: Ed—NO, Mike—YES, Frank—YES. The Town Board voted to approve the rezoning as stated in the above motion.
Ed then made a motion seconded by Mike that the deed restriction is at the cost of the landowner and nothing could be done on the property before this is taken care of. Motion carried 3-0.
Mike made a motion to withdraw his former motion. Frank seconded the motion.
Mike then made a motion to rezone 2.74 acres of land from Agriculture to Residential with a deed restriction for one dwelling and the remaining 6+ acres to be rezoned rural district. Frank seconded this motion. Ed then called for a vote. Let the record show that three paper ballot votes were cast with the following results:
Ed—NO, Mike—YES, Frank—YES. The Town Board voted to approve the rezoning of 2.74 acres of land from Agricultural to Residential with a deed restriction for one dwelling only on this 2.74 acres and the remaining 6+ acres be rezoned from Agricultural to Rural District.
Haney Rezoning Request to rezone 11.5 acres of land from Agricultural to Residential—Ed asked for the recommendation from the Plan Commission. Chairman Jim Reitzner explained that the Plan Commission tabled making a recommendation until a clarification could be made regarding Sam Tobias’ opinion of the rezoning. Frank made a motion to postpone making a decision on the Haney rezoning request until the Board gets a recommendation from the Plan Commission. Mike seconded this motion. Ed called for a vote. Three votes were cast with the following results: Ed—NO, Mike—YES, Frank—YES. This item will be postponed until the January 9, 2006 Town Board Meeting.
Mike made a motion seconded by Frank to destroy all the paper ballots. Motion carried 3-0.
REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
A. Road report—
1. Paser Update—The Paser paperwork is done and was sent in before the Dec. 15 deadline.
2. Discussion/decision regarding purchasing a skid steer loader & trailer—Ed explained that a very nice used skid steer loader had been found. Rich was trying out a New Holland skid steer from Waupun Equipment for $14,000. Rich also located a trailer to haul the skid steer for $800. Discussion took place regarding the skid steer. Ed invited anyone in the audience to go with Rich to the garage and look it over. Mike made a motion to purchase the skid steer loader and trailer and the Town would pay for it after January 1, 2006. Ed seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
3. Update on “No Parking Signs” on CTH Y in what many refer to as the “village”—Ed and Rich met with Ernie Winter, Cty Hwy Commissioner and Tom Janke from the DOT regarding the “NO Parking” signs on CTH Y. On the South side of CTH Y the NO Parking signs have been taken down so curbside parking will be allowed there. NO Parking will be allowed on the North side of Y.
4. Update on Town Trucks—Ed explained that the Oshkosh plow truck recently had a small leak in a hydraulic hose and a fire started. The fire was quickly put out and all necessary repairs have been made. The clutch was going out on the Ford plow truck so Rich took it in to the County for repairs. The work is done but the town has not yet received a bill. The repairs may cost $1500 or more.
5. Update on Schaefer Drive signs—Ed spoke with the DOT regarding signs on Schaefer Drive to mark the curves in the road, and the Town is waiting for a decision from the DOT if they will help the Town out in any way with the cost, installation, supplying the signs anything they would be willing to do.
B. Property Clean-ups
1. Treptow Property— N6345 Hillcrest Road—Ed spoke with Mr. Treptow and they will get the cars moved out in January.
2. Former Mastellar Property—N6262 CTH Y—The property is sold and the town will give the new owner a chance to get some clean up done at the property.
C. Upcoming Newsletter—Patti will be sending out another Town Newsletter sometime in the beginning of January. Ed asked everyone to have his or her articles to Patti by the end of this year.
Mark Hintz informed the Town Board that the Fire Department had recently voted to offer their services to install the new fire signs and posts for roughly the same cost as a commercial contractor. The Town Board will put this item on the January Town Board Meeting Agenda for discussion.
A. Discussion/decision regarding a policy for informing the public of Variances/Special Use Permits pending—Discussion took place regarding what the Town would do to better inform the public of upcoming variance/special use permits requested. Currently the Town follows state statute, which requires the Town publishes a Class 1 legal notice in the town official newspaper (The Reporter) and posts the notice in three places in the town. Mike made a motion to approve signs being put up on the property announcing that there is an upcoming variance or special use permit petitioned for. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0. Ed asked Frank if he would be interested in putting up the signs. This will be further discussed at the January Board Meeting. Mike made a motion that the Town requires a 45-day waiting period between a request for a variance and when the hearing is held. Ed seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
B. Appointment of two Plan Commission Members for a three-year term (the 2nd Mon. in January 2006 thru the 2nd Monday in January 2009) for Dean Birschbach and Randy Abitz—Dean Birschbach is out of town and Randy Abitz would like time to think about serving another term on the Plan Commission. This item will be tabled for the January Town Board Meeting.
C. Discussion/decision regarding disposal of the old town copier—About a year ago the Town purchased a new copier as the old one did not work well anymore and was too costly to repair. The Town needs to either throw it away or give it away as it really has no value and does not work quite right. Linda Birschbach said that she would take it and give it a try.
MONTHLY CHECKS AND VOUCHERS
Frank made a motion to approve the monthly vouchers as presented. Mike seconded the motion. Motion carried unanimously.
Jill Randall, Municipal Clerk
TOWN OF LAMARTINE
December 11, 2017 December Town Board Meeting Minutes
November 25, 2017 Special Town Board Meeting - Road Supervisor - Candidates
November 13, 2017 Special Town Board Meeting - Candidate Selection
November 13, 2017 November Town Board, Budget Hearing & Special Town Meeting Agenda
October 30, 2017 Special Town Board Meeting - Road Supervisor - Candidates
October 2, 2017 October Town Board Meeting MInutes
September 19, 2017 Special Town Board Meeting - Town Highway Dept. Positions
September 12, 2017 September Town Board Meeting Minutes
August 14, 2017 August Town Board Meeting Minutes
July 20, 2017 Special Town Board Meeting - Board Action on Zabel Family Trust Rezoing Request