Home Page: Meeting Minutes
January 19, 2010 Special Town Board Meeting--Contract Change Order M&E
Town of Lamartine
Special Town Board Meeting
January 19, 2010 at 5:30 PM
Lamartine Municipal Building Meeting Room
Contract Change Order – Zoning Code Update
Present at this meeting were Chairman Frank Bartzen, Supervisors—Mike Suprenand, and Bruce Rhode, Treasure—Greg Michels and Clerk—Jill Randall.
With all notices having been properly posted, Frank called the meeting to order, stating that the purpose of this meeting was to discuss and act on a change order for zoning ordinance revisions that the Town received from Martenson and Eisele (M&E) who the Town has contracted with to update the Zoning Code / Ordinance.
Frank explained that Warren from M&E sent a change order (dated Jan. 14, 2010) to increase the town’s contract amount by $3500.00 to complete the revisions necessary to update the zoning ordinance. Warren stated that the major reasons for this change order are as follows:
1. Chapter 91 changes were unknown. Extra time had to be devoted toward converting state law wording into the text of the plan.
2. State law requires proof that the zoning map and County Farmland Preservation map are “consistent. The County did not have staff time to convert their hand drawn map into digital format to create a comparable map. Our draftsperson came up with a way to compare the two maps but it still took time for her to accomplish this.
3. A Base Farm Tract Map, which is mandated by the State. Again, the County does not have staff to assist towns. It will take at least a full day for us to do it.
4. I was counting on Eric’s work on a Livestock Licensing Ordinance, but after viewing other such ordinances and the model ordinance, I realized that I needed to rewrite this document to make sure it would be compliant with state statutes.
5. I am unsure what changes may be required once the self-certification is submitted to the state.
6. The unanticipated level of public participation required me to make more copies of documents and create video presentations which required CD’s of the ordinance to be made and loaded up in a laptop. I also received numerous phone calls from the public that I needed to respond to.
7. The creation of a density map was not considered in the original proposal.
The total change order was based on time and material with an estimated amount of $3500.00.
After much discussion, Mike made a motion to approve paying the additional $3500.00 to have the Town Zoning Code completed. Bruce seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
With no further business to discuss Bruce moved seconded by Frank to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried 3-0. Meeting adjourned at 6:07 Pm.
TOWN OF LAMARTINE
November 8, 2021 November Town Board Meeting, Budget Hearing & Special Town Meeting
October 18, 2021 October 2021 Meeting Minutes
September 13, 2021 September Town Board Meeting Minutes
August 9, 2021 August Town Board Meeting Minutes
July 12, 2021 July Town Board Meeting MInutes
June 14, 2021 June Town Board Meeting Minutes
May 10, 2021 May 2021 Town Board Meeting Minutes
April 20, 2021 Annual Town Meeting 2021
April 12, 2021 April 2021 Town Board Meeting Minutes
March 24, 2021 Special Town Meeting-Ditch Mower