Home Page: Meeting Minutes
July 10, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
TOWN OF LAMARTINE DRAFT
Town Board Meeting Minutes
Dated: July 10, 2006
With all notices having been properly posted, Ed Montsma, Chairman called the July meeting to order at the Lamartine Municipal Building Meeting Room at 7:30 Pm. Supervisors Mike Suprenand and Frank Bartzen were also in attendance at this meeting.
Ed led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Ed called for any corrections or additions in the June Town Board Meeting minutes. Frank made a motion seconded by Mike to approve the June minutes as presented. Motion carried 3-0.
Ed called for any corrections or additions in the 6/26/06 Special Town Board Meeting. Greg Michels noted that the minutes stated that he was in attendance at this meeting and he was not. Mike made a motion to accept the minutes with the correction. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
Ed asked Greg to read the June Treasurer’s report. Greg read the Treasurer’s report aloud. The ending balance as of 6-30-06 was $422,235.15. Frank seconded by Mike moved to approve the treasurer’s report. Motion carried 3-0.
Larry Conger asked what was going on with the Town’s ambulance service (EMSAC). Ed explained that this item was on the agenda and would be discussed later on at this meeting.
REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
1. Road Report
1. Decision made at Road Bid Review meeting held 6/26/06—Ed reported that the Board reviewed the Road Bid for Specification #3 received at the June 12, 2006 Board meeting. The Board voted to accept the original bid from Scott Construction and if there were any additional costs with the bridge work it would be extra charges. Please see Special Town Board Meeting Minutes dated June 26, 2006.
2. Update on bridge specifications for Forest Ave Rd—Ed spoke with two DOT offices regarding the required bridge specifications. The Board received conflicting information so the decision will be left up to the Board as to what membrane, adhesive etc. would be used on the Forest Ave Road Bridge. Frank made a motion that the Town go with Scott constructions bridge specs using a 10-A membrane, with a 1” hot mix overlay over the bridge deck followed by a 1” cold mix overlay. Mike seconded the motion. Motion carried. 3-0. Frank asked that Triple Kay roadwork be closely watched as there were some pretty deep tracks in the current road, and the town would like this repaired correctly. Fisher Road is also in need of a patch. Mike made a motion that the spot on Fisher Road be patched if feasible with the budget while Scott Construction is doing work in the township. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
B. Property Clean up Updates
1. Treptow Property—N6345 Hillcrest Road—NO NEWS
C. Update on the Ordinance Committee Mtg held June 26, 2006—The Ordinance committee worked on the Liquor License Ordinance. The next meeting will be held on August 22, 2006 at 6:30 Pm at the Lamartine Municipal Building Meeting Room.
D. Update on Newsletter—The newsletter should be ready for printing at the end of the week.
E. Update on Town Road / Driveway Committee Title work—Greg reported that Guaranty Title has completed the deed search on the towns’ gravel road / driveways. He noted that there are no agreements that the town must plow or keep up these roads. He further noted that he would distribute information at the end of this meeting to the Board. The committee would have to meet to discuss the findings of the search.
F. Update on well abandonment at Seven Mile Creek Park—Frank reported that he had spoke with the well drilling company that was going to do the well abandonment and they said they would get to it as soon as they could. Harold Birschbach stated that he thought the well work was done at the park as he looked on the way to this meeting and it looked like the well casement was gone. When the town receives the bill for the well abandonment the bill will be paid and reimbursement from the county will be applied for.
G. Update on new fire sign installation—Greg reported that 325 new fire signs have been installed. They are waiting for a second delivery of sign posts to continue installing the new fire signs.
H. Update on Onyx’s reply to the town’s request for them to send a letter to the town residents—The clerk has sent emails to Onyx and is still waiting for a reply.
I. Update on summons and complaint of certiorari review received by the Town—Ed reported that the scheduled depositions were canceled/postponed. The Town attorney received a letter a couple of weeks ago and everything is on hold until he hears from Atty Madden as to what is going on.
J. Fond du Lac Public Library Bookmobile will be at the town hall parking lot—
July 17, 31 & August 14, 28 at 2:00 Pm to 2:45 Pm. All are welcome to come.
A. Plan Commission making recommendation to the Town Board regarding how the Town should proceed with Smart Growth Planning and how the Town should go about redistricting the Towns’ Ag use land—The Plan Commission met on 6/28/06 and voted to recommend to the Town Board to hire East Central Wisconsin Regional Plan Commission (ECWRPC) to assist the Town with Smart Growth Planning and with redistricting the Town’s Ag use land. Eric Fowle with ECWRPC explained the cost to the town for membership with the ECWRPC. Mike made a motion to contact the other townships (Village and Town of Oakfield, Friendship, Eldorado, Springvale and the Village and Town of Rosendale and anyone else interested) to meet and discuss working together on obtaining a grant and completing Smart Growth Comprehensive Planning. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0. The meeting will be held July 31, 2006 at 7:30 Pm at the Lamartine Municipal Building Meeting Room. Eric Fowle, ECWRPC will join the meeting to answer any questions at 8:00 Pm. Mike made a motion that the Town of Lamartine join ECWRPC if the Village and Town of Oakfield are going ahead applying for a grant for Smart Growth Planning. Ed seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
B. Appointing two alternate Board of Appeals members—Postponed until the August Town Board Meeting.
1. The Chairman and the Clerk signed the John Ullmen property Certified Survey Map (CSM) on 6-21-06. Frank made a motion seconded by Mike that the board approves of the signing of the Ullmen CSM. Motion carried 3-0.
2. Discussion/signing of the Close CSM—Mike made a motion that the Board approves the signing of the Close CSM. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0. Frank made a motion to change the order of the agenda and move ahead to discuss the EMSAC issues. (New Business “D”).
4. Discussion on EMSAC issues—Frank introduced Randy Stutz, Acting Director of the NFdL Fire and EMS. Discussion took place regarding the letter sent by the North Fond du Lac Village Administrator to the City of Fond du Lac requesting information on how much it would cost for the City of Fond du Lac Fire and EMS to handle the North Fond du Lac Fire and EMS. Mr. Stutz was unaware of this request until recently. He wanted the Town of Lamartine to know that the NFdL fire and EMS are still on the job and nothing has changed in the service to the township. Frank made a motion seconded by Mike that the town contacts the other EMSAC Town Chairs to meet to discuss these issues. Motion carried 3-0. The meeting is tentatively scheduled for July 13, 2006 at 7:00 Pm at the Lamartine Municipal Building Meeting Room.
C. Discussion/decision regarding dog kennel licenses—Discussion took place regarding the Town checking on property with former complaints of Animal Ordinance violations and if/when the town can legally do an inspection of the property. Mike made a motion to talk to Attorney Sharpe regarding going to the individual’s property and having them sign a release allowing the town officials on the property for an inspection. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
5. Park Committee requesting permission to make some purchases—Park Committee Chairperson Deb Conger asked the Board for permission to purchase a plaque with the names of the donators of the new shelter at the park and a stone bench. Mike made a motion that the board approves the purchasing of the stone bench. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0. Mike made a motion seconded by Ed that the Town stays away from putting up plaques when people donate things to/for the town. Motion carried 3-0.
6. Approval to issue an operators license for Robert A. Jacobs—Frank made a motion to grant an operator’s licenses to Robert Jacobs. Mike seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
MONTHLY CHECKS AND VOUCHERS
Monthly checks and vouchers were offered for review and approval.
Mike made a motion to approve the July vouchers as presented. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
Mike made a motion that the clerk be given permission to pay the US Bank Visa bill after the Board Meeting. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
Frank made a motion seconded by Mike to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried 3-0.
Jill Randall, Municipal Clerk
TOWN OF LAMARTINE
February 11, 2019 February Town Board Meeting Minutes
January 14, 2019 January Town Board Meeting MInutes
December 10, 2018 December Town Board Meeting Minutes
November 12, 2018 November Town Board Meeting, Budget Hearing & Special Town Meeting Mins.
October 8, 2018 October Town Board Meeting Minutes
September 10, 2018 September Town Board Meeting Minutes
August 13, 2018 August Town Board Meeting Minutes
July 9, 2018 July Town Board Meeting Minutes
June 11, 2018 June Town Board Meeting Minutes
May 14, 2018 May Town Board Meeting Minutes