Home Page: Meeting Minutes
March 14, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
TOWN OF LAMARTINE DRAFT
Town Board Meeting Minutes
Dated: March 14, 2005
With all notices having been properly posted, Ed Montsma, Chairman called the March meeting to order at the Lamartine Municipal Building Meeting Room at 7:30 Pm. Supervisor Frank Bartzen was in attendance at this meeting. Supervisor Mike Suprenand was unable to attend tonight.
Ed led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Ed called for any corrections or additions in the February Board Meeting minutes. Ed noted a correction in the minutes under—Rezoning Decision—Jack Leden Petitioner: The third sentence read; There has to be a 50-foot right of way to serve the two (2) lots on this property. Ed asked for a correction in the minutes to read; each of the two (2) lots must have a separate 50-foot right of way. Discussion took place regarding the correction. Frank made a motion to table the approval of the minutes to the April meeting. Ed seconded this motion. Motion carried 2-0.
Ed asked Greg to give the February Treasurer’s report. The Treasurer’s report was read aloud with an ending balance of $379,874.06 as of 2-28-05. Frank made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s report as presented. Ed seconded the motion. Motion carried 2-0
The Clerk announced that the Chairman and the Clerk signed a Certified Survey Map (CSM) for Roger Searl on 2-17-05.
REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
A. Road report—
1. Update on the street lighting on Schaefer Drive and CTH Y—Ed spoke with Ted Schmitz and he assured him that the street lights would be put back up and the town would not have to pay for the installation of the lights. He asked the town to decide if where they would like the first of the three (3) lights on Schaefer to be placed. The Board felt that it should go by the tree next to the driveway where it was originally as long as the tree did not have to be removed. Ed will forward this information to Mr. Schmitz. Ed will also confirm that the streetlight(s) on County Highway Y and 151 will be put back up also. The placement of this light will be looked into in hopes that the placement will illuminate both the CTH Y & 151 intersection and the new road Thomaswood Trail that will come out on to CTH Y.
* Ed, Rich and possibly Frank will meet to check out the road cracks with Herrling Crack Filling on Wednesday—March 16th at 2:00 Pm. Greg asked that they please check the parking lot at the Town Hall as there seems to be some fairly large cracks.
* Ed explained that the Wagner property on East Lamartine Drive had notified Rich regarding a water problem on his property. He asked if the Town would put a culvert in his driveway to help with the water. The Town will ditch out in the road right of way but Mr. Wagner will be responsible for the culvert.
* Ed also explained that some ditching would have to be done along Thomaswood Trail as the water is going across the road.
* Rich has been plowing snow on and off along with his other duties.
B. Property Clean-ups
1. Treptow Property— N6345 Hillcrest Road—This property is in the County Code Enforcements hands. Dan Hanks will give them until spring to complete the clean up.
2. Jahns Property—N6998 CTH I –Two unlicensed vehicles are left on the property. One is allowed and the other vehicle the owner is deceased. Jahns will put the vehicle inside.
3. Demoske Property—W8062 Randallwood Lane—This property is now in compliance.
C. Update on the Adopt a Town Road Program—An adopt a town road program meeting will be held on March 15, 2005 @ 7:00 Pm at the Lamartine Municipal Building Mtg Room. The clean up is planned for April 30th at 9:00 Am. Volunteers are needed. If interest call Mike Suprenand at 923-5987 or the Clerk’s office at 906-3683.
D. WTA District Meeting will be held March 18, 2005 for town elected officials.
E. Ed reported that the Plan Commission Training session for Elected Officials and Plan Commission members held March 24th was a very interesting meeting. Attorney St. Peter explained how to run a Plan Commission Meeting along with other issues regarding Plan Commissions. Ed, Jim Reitzner, and Roger Grade attended this meeting.
F. Update on the fire truck purchase—The truck has been purchased with separate checks written to the Town of Black Wolf and the Town of Friendship. Anyone wishing to see the new truck was welcome to after the meeting.
G. Park Committee Meeting Update—Harold reported that the place chosen to put the park sign was very rocky so a new place would have to be found. This spring Harold will dig some holes and try to find a place the signposts can be put in the ground. Three fire department members will be working with the Park Committee to talk about the Fireman’s Park and possibly getting some new equipment for this park. The next meeting date will be April 4th at 6:30 Pm at the Lamartine Municipal Building Meeting Room.
A. Setting a date for review of the Town Access Ordinance—This item was tabled until the April Board Meeting.
A. Town Developers Agreement additions—The new verbiage discussed at the February Board Meeting has been added to the agreement as approved. Also “Exhibit B” as noted in the agreement has been attached to the Agreement. Ed noted a concern that no one is really in charge of making sure that the new roads put in by developers meet the Fond du Lac County Sub division specifications. He would like to discuss this with Atty. Sharpe.
B. Approval of the changes submitted for the Fond du Lac County all Hazards Mitigation Plan—Frank made a motion to approve the changes requested in the Fond du Lac County All Hazards Mitigation Plan. Ed seconded the motion. Motion carried 2-0.
MONTHLY CHECKS AND VOUCHERS
Frank made a motion to accept the monthly vouchers as presented. Ed seconded the motion. Motion carried 2-0.
Frank made a motion seconded by Ed to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried 2-0.
Jill Randall, Municipal Clerk
TOWN OF LAMARTINE
November 11, 2019 Nov. Twn Bd Mtg, Budget Hearing & Special Twn Mtg Minutes
October 7, 2019 OctoberTown Board Meeting MInutes
September 9, 2019 September Town Board Meeting Minutes
September 9, 2019 Public Hearing - Maser Property Conditional Use Permit Request
August 12, 2019 August Town Board Meeting Minutes
July 8, 2019 July Town Board Meeting MInutes
June 10, 2019 June Town Board Meeting Minutes
May 13, 2019 May Town Board Meeting Minutes
April 16, 2019 Annual Town Meeting - 2019
April 8, 2019 April Town Board Meeting MInutes