Home Page: Meeting Minutes
May 9, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
TOWN OF LAMARTINE DRAFT
Town Board Meeting Minutes
Dated: May 9, 2005
With all notices having been properly posted, Ed Montsma, Chairman called the May meeting to order at the Lamartine Municipal Building Meeting Room at 7:30 Pm. Supervisors Mike Suprenand and Frank Bartzen were in attendance at this meeting.
Ed led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Ed called for any corrections or additions in the April Town Board Meeting minutes. Frank made a motion to accept the April minutes. Mike seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
Ed asked Greg to read the April Treasurer’s report. The Treasurer’s report was read aloud with an ending balance of $397,197.11 as of 4-30-05. Mike seconded by Frank moved to approve the treasurer’s report. Motion carried 3-0.
Mark Hintz commented that the recent Adopt-a-Town Road Clean up was a great thing. He thanked all involved and commended everyone for a great job done. He further noted that he observed a garbage truck going down the road with garbage flying out of it. He advised that the town residents be educated on tying garbage up properly; if the garbage is not loose it can not fly out of the trucks as easily. Ed will address this issue in the next town newsletter. Roger Grade said that he noticed recyclables all over the fields on Highway 23. The Town will speak to an Onyx representative about covering the trucks so recyclables won’t leave the truck as easily.
Birschbach Rezoning Request—The Clerk reported that the Plan Commission at a hearing held earlier this same night voted 5 to 0 to recommend to the Town Board that this rezoning be granted. Discussion took place regarding this rezoning. Frank made a motion to rezone this property as recommended by the Plan Commission from A-l to Residential. Let the record show that three (3) paper ballot votes were cast with the following results: Ed—YES, Mike—YES and Frank—YES. The Town Board will grant the rezoning of 3.717 acres of land from Exclusive Agriculture to Residential. The following reasons were given for granting this rezoning:
TOWN OF LAMARTINE Zoning Ordinance Page 27 & 28
70.6 Standards for Rezoning
3. The land is suitable for development. (Poor soil for Ag land)
4. Development will not cause unreasonable air and water pollution, soil erosion or adverse effects on rare or irreplaceable natural areas. (Rezoning will not cause unreasonable pollution etc.)
5. The potential for conflict with remaining agricultural uses in the area. (Rezoning will not cause a conflict with remaining agricultural areas)
8. The productivity of the agricultural lands involved. Poor soil for Ag land
3 The rezoning fits with the Towns’ Plan
Conger Rezoning Request—The Clerk reported that at the Plan Commission hearing held at 6:45 Pm this same night the Plan Commission voted 4—Yes and 1—NO, to recommend this rezoning to the Town Board. Discussion took place regarding this rezoning. Frank made a motion to accept the Plan Commissions recommendation to change the zoning on this property from Exclusive Ag to Residential. Mike seconded the motion. Let the record show that three paper ballot votes were cast with the following results: Frank—YES, Mike—NO, Ed—YES. Motion carried. The Town Board approved the Congers rezoning request to rezone 15.791acres of land from Exclusive Agriculture to Residential. The following reasons were stated for approving this rezoning request.
From the TOWN OF LAMARTINE Zoning Ordinance Pages 27 & 28
70.6 Standards for Rezoning
1. Adequate public facilities to serve the development are present or will be provided.
2. Provision of these facilities will not be unreasonable burden to local government.
3. The land is suitable for development.
4. Development will not cause unreasonable air and water pollution, soil erosion or adverse effects on rare or irreplaceable natural areas.
3 The Board also noted that another reason for the granting of this rezoning was the strong vote of 4 to 1 from the Plan Commission to recommend the granting of this rezoning along with the fact that this is a strong area that will be proposed in the next year or so for development.
Mike made a motion to destroy all paper ballots. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
A. Road report—
1. FEMA Update—The Town has received the paperwork from FEMA to receive the remaining money due to the Town. Ed and Rich will meet with Kathy Wilmot from the County to tie up all the loose ends before the paperwork is signed.
2. Road Construction Bids—All roads that the Town initially planned on working on this year will be submitted for road bids. The Town will read the bids and then decide which roads will be done in 2005.
Ed has received the annual salt cooperative agreement from the County. The Town will order the same amount of salt as in 2004. Rich has been doing some shouldering. Ed will call Lynn Mathias regarding Thomaswood Trail culverts, road construction etc.
B. Property Clean-ups
1. Treptow Property— N6345 Hillcrest Road—This property has been in the County Code Enforcements hands but due to lack of progress the County has turned the case over to the Corporation Council.
2. Jahns Property—N6998 CTH I –Mike made a motion that the Town sends a letter to Jahns giving them 30-days to comply. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
C. Update on the Adopt a Town Road Program—Mike reported that the clean up on April 30th was a big success. A lunch followed the clean up at the Municipal Building Meeting Room. Mike wanted to thank everyone for a great job. He stated that he really hates to start naming people, as he is always afraid that someone will be forgotten.
The following businesses/people made donations for this program.
* Knaus Cheese—Cheese trays and $200 for the purchase of meat from Brandon Meats.
* Pinno Construction--$50.00
* Lyle Birschbach—American Family Ins.--$60.00
* Wal Mart--$25.00
* Onyx Services--Dumpster
* Frank, the Boy Scouts and leaders for donating their time to cook the food.
* Pete and Dolores Braun for donated bags, some vests and good ideas.
* Ed for coming up with the idea for this program
* Liz Heider set up the donation of vests from Waste Management
* His wife Jody Suprenand for making calls for donations
* Diane Michels, Liz Heider, Dolores Braun all for making and donating food for the lunch. The Town will send thank you notes to all the business that donated.
D. Park Committee Meeting Update—No update as they have not had a meeting—Debbie Conger did note that one new tree has been planted in the park. Martha Laudolff donated the tree in memory of her husband Al.
E. Update on the Town Ordinance Review Meeting—The meeting scheduled for May 2nd was not held. Discussion will take place at the June Board Meeting regarding a new meeting date.
A. Discussion/decision regarding additions to the Town Developers Agreement—the Town Attorney is still working on the agreement with Ernie Winters, FdL Cty Hwy Commissioner.
B. Update on Streetlights—Ed and Mark Hintz will meet with Alliant regarding placement of the streetlight by the fire department.
A. Discussion/decision—Conger request to waive the rezoning fee for their May rezoning—Larry Conger withdrew this request.
B. Policy for scheduling rezoning hearings—Mike made a motion that to schedule a rezoning the Clerk must be notified by the first (1st) Monday of the month to schedule a rezoning hearing for the following month. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0. Discussion also took place regarding the placement of a sign on the property where a rezoning is being requested that reads; “REZONING PENDING”. Frank will check into the cost of these signs.
C. Conducting a dog count for 2005—Ed made a motion that the Town conduct a dog count this year. Mike seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
MONTHLY CHECKS AND VOUCHERS
Frank made a motion to accept the monthly vouchers as presented. Mike seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
Frank made a motion seconded by Mike to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried 3-0.
Jill Randall, Municipal Clerk
TOWN OF LAMARTINE
May 14, 2018 May Town Board Meeting Minutes
May 7, 2018 Public Hearing - Plan Commission - Vision-Aire Acres, LLC for CUP
May 7, 2018 Public Hearing - Plan Commission - Tulledge & Wegner for CUP
May 7, 2018 Public Hearting Town Plan Commission - C&B Venture LLC by Mueller Exc. for CUP
April 17, 2018 Annual Town Meeting
April 9, 2018 April Town Board Meeting Minutes
March 12, 2018 March Town Board Meeting Minutes
February 28, 2018 Special Town Board Meeting - Road Supervisor - Candidates
February 12, 2018 February Town Board Meeting
January 13, 2018 Special Town Board Meeting - Plow Driver Meeting