Home Page: Meeting Minutes
October 10, 2005 Town Board Meeting Minutes
TOWN OF LAMARTINE DRAFT
Town Board Meeting Minutes
Dated: October 10, 2005
With all notices having been properly posted, Ed Montsma, Chairman called the October board meeting to order at the Lamartine Municipal Building Meeting Room at 7:30 Pm. Supervisors Mike Suprenand and Frank Bartzen were also in attendance at this meeting.
Ed led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Ed asked for any corrections or additions in the September Town Board Meeting minutes. Frank made a motion to accept the September minutes as presented. Mike seconded this motion. Motion carried 3-0.
Ed asked Greg to read the September Treasurer’s report. Greg read the Treasurer’s report aloud. The ending balance as of 9-30-05 was $330,212.18 Mike seconded by Frank made a motion to accept the treasurer’s report. Motion carried 3-0.
Pinno Rezoning was canceled. The rezoning hearing has been rescheduled for December 12, 2005.
REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
A. Road report—
1. Culvert on Merrill Road—Ed explained that Larry Vandeberg complained about the culvert on Merrill Road stating that it was incorrectly installed 4 to 5 years ago. Mr. Vandeberg felt that the original culvert was placed lower than what the new culvert was. Ed spoke with Mike Haney who installed the culvert and Mike told him that the old cement box culvert was removed and the cement bottom was left in place and the bottom of the new culvert rests on top of that cement, so there is no way that the new culvert is placed higher than the old culvert. Mr. Vandeberg would like the town to dig it out and place the culvert lower. Discussion took place regarding this matter. The Board felt that the culvert is adequate and Mr. Vandeberg create this problem when he dug the ditch out deeper. Frank made a motion to leave the culvert on Merrill Road as it is now. Mike seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
2. Update on TRIP Program— Frank informed the Board that all TRIP project paperwork has been completed and turned in for one mile of Forest Ave Road. Discussion took place regarding the Town apply for 2006 TRIP funds. Frank who is the Chairman for the TRIP Program committee stated that the Town of Lamartine has received more money than most other townships. The Board decided that they should at least apply for 2006 TRIP funds for a smaller project and hope that we are lucky enough to receive some funds.
3. Road Mileage Update—The Board toured the town roads on Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2005 at 5:00 Pm to rate the Town Roads. Rich rated the town gravel roads. All road rating is complete and ready to submit for the December 15th due date. Ed also noted that the Road Mileage report due on September 20th was completed and sent in on time. The Town submitted mileage for three new roads totaling 9 tenths of one mile. Ed will call and find out if the Town misses out on the first year of road aides on this new mileage.
4. Update on Streetlights—Ed stated that he spoke with Alliant and the street light areas are marked out where the poles will be placed and they should be up in the next couple of weeks.
Ed and Rich will meet with Scott Construction and Northeast Asphalt regarding work to be done on East Lamartine Drive. Fond du Lac County will core the road. Scott Construction will send the town a breakdown of costs for the recent work done on Towne Road. The Town will invoice Town of Springvale for half the cost, as this is a shared road by both townships.
B. Property Clean Up Updates
1. Treptow Property— N6345 Hillcrest Road—Ed spoke with Bill Bent, Corporation Council. Mr. Bent was unaware of anything in Corp. Council regarding the Treptow property. Apparently there has been some type of miscommunication. Spike and Dan Hanks will be spoken to regarding this matter.
2. Former Masteller Property—N6998 CTH I—This property will be for sale on the courthouse steps on October 24th. Nothing further can be done until that time.
3. Aigner Property—The County is still trying to force Mr. Aigner to get this property cleaned up. Mr. Bent will check on the status of this property.
C. Update on Building Committee Meeting—Greg reported that the Building Committee met recently to discuss several issues:
1. New Building Sign—A budgetary figure will be submitted to the board.
2. Firehouse floor—This item has been dropped. The floor will be left as is due to the high cost of doing it.
3. Flagpole—Ron Rymer has found a heavier flagpole to replace the current flagpole at the Fire Dept./Townhall parking lot area. The flagpole will not cost the town anything. The new flagpole will be put up in the spring.
4. Hot water in the kitchen—The hot water problem in the kitchen is solved.
5. Peeling paint on south wall of the Town meeting room—The Building Committee has scheduled a meeting later this week with a decorator to receive some ideas on how to treat the wall to keep the paint from peeling when things are pushed up against the wall i.e. tables, chairs, and the garbage cans.
D. Update on Park Committee Meeting—Stephanie Babler reported that the Park Committee met with some of the Town Board and Pinno Construction regarding placement of the park shelter that is being donated by Rollie and Janet Pinno and Dan Knaus of Knaus Cheese. The purpose of the meeting was to choose the location of the shelter. The shelter will be placed on the north edge of the parking lot with the shelter cement butting up against the asphalt of the parking lot. The shelter will be 20 ft. x 20 ft. sitting on a 22 ft x 22 ft slab of concrete. The Park Committee has called Ron Engel and he saw no problem with this spot to place the shelter but he suggested that the committee contact Jenny Easterly of the DNR to make sure they have no problem with the shelter location. Diggers Hotline has been notified and the shelter construction will probably take place yet this fall. The Clerk will contact the town insurance agent regarding the town’s liability insurance covering the park.
E. Elected Officials—The Town elected officials will be attending the Annual WI Towns Association Convention in Stevens Point, October 16—October 19.
A. Ditching on Thomaswood Trail—Frank met with Dave Jacobs regarding the ditching of Thomaswood Trail. The Town will clean out the ditch in 2006 by the town as most of the work is in the town right of way. The Braford culvert is not rusted out but is bent. The Town will seek estimates from the County and possibly Mike Haney. The Town will also seek estimates for ditching on Grandwood Court.
A. Treasurers Bond for 2006 Tax Collection—Mike made a motion that the town not bond the treasurer for the 2006 General Property Tax collection and proceed as in previous years to carry on business per State Statute 70.67)(2), obligating itself to pay all State and County Taxes of the Town of Lamartine by resolution exempting itself from posting bond. Frank seconded this motion. Motion carried 3-0. Resolution T-#111201 dated 10/10/05 was signed.
B. Appointing an Ordinance Committee—Discussion took place regarding forming an Ordinance Committee to look over the town ordinances and bring everything up to date and offer suggestions to the Board on any new ordinances to benefit the town. Ed appointed the following people to the Ordinance Committee: Ed Montsma, Chairman of the committee, Frank Bartzen, Mike Suprenand, Greg Michels, Jill Randall, Dave Jacobs, Peter and Dolores Braun and Chris Newton. The Committee will most likely begin working on this project sometime this winter.
MONTHLY CHECKS AND VOUCHERS
The Clerk presented monthly checks and vouchers. Frank made a motion to pay the monthly vouchers as presented. Mike seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
With no more business to discuss Mike made a motion seconded by Frank to adjourn the meeting. Motion carried 3-0.
Jill Randall, Municipal Clerk
TOWN OF LAMARTINE
November 12, 2018 November Town Board Meeting, Budget Hearing & Special Town Meeting Mins.
October 8, 2018 October Town Board Meeting Minutes
September 10, 2018 September Town Board Meeting Minutes
August 13, 2018 August Town Board Meeting Minutes
July 9, 2018 July Town Board Meeting Minutes
June 11, 2018 June Town Board Meeting Minutes
May 14, 2018 May Town Board Meeting Minutes
May 7, 2018 Public Hearing - Plan Commission - Vision-Aire Acres, LLC for CUP
May 7, 2018 Public Hearing - Plan Commission - Tulledge & Wegner for CUP
May 7, 2018 Public Hearting Town Plan Commission - C&B Venture LLC by Mueller Exc. for CUP