Home Page: Meeting Minutes
October 9, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
TOWN OF LAMARTINE DRAFT
Town Board Meeting Minutes
October 9, 2006
With all notices having been properly posted, Ed Montsma, Chairman called the October meeting to order at the Lamartine Municipal Building Meeting Room at 7:30 Pm. Supervisors Mike Suprenand and Frank Bartzen were also in attendance at this meeting.
Ed led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Ed called for any corrections or additions in the September Town Board Meeting minutes. Frank made a motion seconded by Mike to approve the September minutes as presented. Motion carried 3-0.
Ed asked Greg to read the September Treasurer’s report. Greg read the Treasurer’s report aloud. The ending balance as of 9-30-06 was $431,451.50. Mike seconded by Frank moved to accept the treasurer’s report as given. Motion carried 3-0.
A town resident stated that he felt that the Plan Commission or Board of Appeals Members should be required to attend some Town Board meetings or have some concern for the town before they become members on these committees. The Board said that it is not required that the members on these committees attend any meetings, they are appointed by the town chairman or the town board.
Jim Wiley a town resident that lives on Fisher Road introduced himself and asked the board if there was anything that could be done about the speed of the traffic on Fisher Road. The County Sheriffs Dept. had been notified about this problem a while back, but the speeding continues on this road. The board will address this concern in the town newsletter, asking people to please slow down.
Greg asked if the town could try and put the next newsletter out no later than December 15th with a deadline for articles to be turned into the editor by December 1st.
Fischer / Suprenand Rezoning—Plan Commission Member Dean Birschbach reported that the Plan Commission voted 5-0 to recommend that the town board grant the rezoning request to rezone .500 acres of land from Business to Residential. Mike Suprenand stepped down from discussing or voting on this rezoning as this property is owned by his sister. Discussion took place regarding this rezoning request. Greg Michels, Board of Appeals (BOA) Chairman reported that the BOA had recommended to the petitioners that they have an easement between the parties as after the sale of this property the bar mound system would be located on property not owned by the bar.
Frank made a motion to approve this rezoning as recommended by the plan commission. Ed seconded the motion. Ed explained that a YES vote would mean the rezoning would be granted and a NO vote would mean the rezoning would be denied. Let the record show that 2 paper ballots were cast, with the following results; Ed—YES and Frank—YES. The Town Board voted 2-0 to approve the rezoning of this .500 acres of land located at W8139 CTH Y from Business to Residential. The board sited the same reasons for rezoning this property as stated by the Plan Commission. Frank made a motion seconded by Ed to destroy the ballots. Motion carried 2-0.
(For more details regarding this rezoning please see Suprenand / Fischer rezoning minutes dated October 9, 2006).
REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
1. Road Report
1. Update on 2006 road projects—Forest Avenue Road, section with bridge--the Town is not happy with the job done on this section of road. Scott Construction has been notified and agrees that the job was not done properly and will make it right with the town. Frank made a motion that the town holds payment on pulverizing Forest Ave Road/bridge project until problem is rectified. Mike seconded the motion, motion carried 3-0.
2. Mileage Report—the report will not be certified until a later date, when all information for the report is complete.
3. Road Supervisor’s 2007 Wages—Mike made a motion to pay the road supervisor $16.00 an hour and continue to pay his insurance of $563.39 not to exceed $600.00 a month. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
4. Report on request for signs / work on Treptow Lane & Fisher Rd—Rich reported that he will take care of the signs etc. that need to be relocated and posts replaced in this area. He will work with subdivision owner to get everything taken care of with the road.
B. Property Clean up Updates
1. Treptow Property—N6345 Hillcrest Road—the County sent the property owner a letter giving him until the end of October to remove the vehicles. If it is not done, there will be a court appearance and a fine assessed.
C. Update on Town Road / Driveway Committee—the town has not received the information from the attorney. A meeting date will be set after the town receives a recommendation from the town attorney.
D. Update on EMSAC Meeting—Frank reported that the EMSAC committee met to discuss the 2007 budget. The hiring for the EMS / Fire Chief position has begun with North Fond du Lac hiring a firm to do the hiring.
E. Update on East Central WI Regional Plan Commission—Ed reported on the meeting held 9/28/06 with Eric Fowle, Director of the ECWRPC. It was an informational meeting regarding the procedures for researching and selecting Ag land regarding the Animal Livestock Siting Ordinance. Another meeting will be held on either October 26th or 30th, the date to be confirmed when Eric returns from vacation.
F. Update on Building Committee Meeting—Greg reported that the building sign will be delivered and installed in the next day or so. The wall repairs in the meeting room will be started in the next two weeks. The drywall will be repaired and wainscoting will be placed on the bottom half of all the dry walled walls. Greg asked for board approval on the money for the new flag pole. Frank made a motion seconded by Mike to advance $377.00 to purchase a new flag pole. Motion carried 3-0.
G. Budget Workshop Meeting Date—the budget workshop will be held on October 24th at 6:30 Pm.
H. Cemetery / Veterans Memorial Committee—Committee will meet on October 19th at 7:30 Pm.
1. Discussion/action on purchasing a Treasurer’s Bond for the 2007 Tax Collection—Mike made a motion that the town adopts a resolution in lieu of the town from purchasing a bond for tax collection. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
2. Discussion/action on purchasing new road signs—Discussion took place regarding the mandate that all road signs be 8 inches with 6 inch letters. Both Lange and Rent-a-Flash will be contacted regarding sign samples and price.
Mike made a motion that the board approves the paying of the US Bank Visa payment as soon as the bill is received by the town. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
Approving the monthly vouchers and checks—Mike made a motion to approve the paying of the vouchers. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
With no further business to discuss, Frank made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mike seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
Town of Lamartine
October 8, 2018 October Town Board Meeting Minutes
September 10, 2018 September Town Board Meeting Minutes
August 13, 2018 August Town Board Meeting Minutes
July 9, 2018 July Town Board Meeting Minutes
June 11, 2018 June Town Board Meeting Minutes
May 14, 2018 May Town Board Meeting Minutes
May 7, 2018 Public Hearting Town Plan Commission - C&B Venture LLC by Mueller Exc. for CUP
May 7, 2018 Public Hearing - Plan Commission - Tulledge & Wegner for CUP
May 7, 2018 Public Hearing - Plan Commission - Vision-Aire Acres, LLC for CUP
April 17, 2018 Annual Town Meeting