Home Page: Meeting Minutes
September 11, 2006 Town Board Meeting Minutes
TOWN OF LAMARTINE DRAFT
Town Board Meeting Minutes
September 11, 2006
With all notices having been properly posted, Ed Montsma, Chairman called the September meeting to order at the Lamartine Municipal Building Meeting Room at 7:30 Pm. Supervisors Mike Suprenand and Frank Bartzen were also in attendance at this meeting.
Ed asked for a moment of silence in memory of those lost in the 9/11 terrorist attack. Ed led the Pledge of Allegiance.
Ed called for any corrections or additions in the August Town Board Meeting minutes. Frank made a motion seconded by Mike to accept the August minutes as presented. Motion carried 3-0.
Ed asked Greg to read the August Treasurer’s report. Greg read the Treasurer’s report aloud. The ending balance as of 8-31-06 was $497,361.81. Mike seconded by Frank moved to accept the treasurer’s report as given. Motion carried 3-0.
REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS:
1. Road Report
1. Update on 2006 road projects—Triple Kay and Forest Avenue Road have been seal coated. The culvert has been installed on E. Lamartine Drive. Scott Construction is planning on doing the road work on Forest Avenue Road and the bridge sometime next week. Ed asked that after the Board meeting the Board go over to the shop and look at the mower tractor. If it needs replacing this would be a consideration for the next budget year.
2. Mileage Report—The Mileage Report is all but done, Ed is waiting for the road work to be completed to finish it up. The report is due in December.
3. Road Supervisor’s Annual Review—A copy of the Road Supervisor’s Annual Review was given to the Board members for their review. A review of the positions wages will be discussed at another meeting.
The board will plan to meet in the near future to do a review of the town roads. The date and time for this meeting will be announced.
B. Property Clean up Updates
1. Treptow Property—N6345 Hillcrest Road—No new information
C. Update on Town Road / Driveway Committee—Special Meeting 8/17/06 Information—Greg reported that the Board met with Town Attorney, Gary Sharpe regarding the information obtain from the title searches performed by Guaranty Title. Atty Sharpe will go over the information and make recommendations on each road/driveway for the town board to review. The Town Board will hold a public meeting announcing the outcome and plans the town has for these gravel roads/driveways.
D. Update on EMSAC Meeting—Frank reported that at the recent EMSAC meeting the new ambulance and update staffing was discussed. The next meeting will be held on September 21, 2006, to discuss the budget. The EMS/Fire Chief position has been advertised in the hope of having this position filled by the first of the year.
E. Update on East Central WI Regional Plan Commission—Ed spoke with Eric Fowle, Director of the ECWRPC regarding the group of towns joining. Eric reported that Town of Eldorado is not going to join in with for the smart growth planning. The Town of Lamartine will be working with Town of Oakfield, Village of Oakfield, and the Town of Friendship. Eric would like a meeting with the Town of Lamartine Plan Commission regarding the Animal Siting Ordinance Law on September 28, 2006 at 7:00 Pm at the Lamartine Municipal Building Meeting Room.
F. Update on well abandonment at Seven Mile Creek Park—The Town received a check from the county for 70 % of the well abandonment costs. The well abandonment at the Seven Mile Creek Park is completed now.
G. Update on Park Committee—Stephanie Babler and Katie Deaver of the Park Committee asked the board to reconsider their previous decision and allow a plaque with the names of the parties that donated the shelter. After further discussion, Frank made a motion to allow the Park Committee to buy a plaque for the shelter. Ed seconded the motion. Motion carried 2-1. Ed—YES, Mike—No, Frank—Yes. Mike stated that he really appreciated the donation and all the hard work involved. Ed inquired as to the possibility of forming a Veterans Memorial Committee. Ed made a motion that a Veterans Memorial committee be formed to look into adding this to the Seven Mile Creek Park. Mike seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0. Ed stated he would chair this committee with Gerald and Irma Palmer, Lisa Haser, Butch Heider and Dick Baehler.
A. Discussion/decision regarding work to be done at the Town cemeteries and possibly appointing a cemetery committee—Discussion took place regarding the cemeteries that the town is responsible for taking care of; North Cemetery and Anderson Cemetery. Some stones are damaged and other misc. maintenance and repairs need to be taken care of. Ed will ask the Veterans Memorial Committee if they are interested in looking into the needs of these cemeteries, so the board knows what the estimated costs would be to fix up the cemeteries.
B. Discussion regarding fire truck repairs—Frank explained that one of the fire trucks was in need of some repairs that were found during the DOT inspection. The cost of the repairs is estimated to be between $14,000 and $14,500. Ed made a motion that the town uses the $10,000 budgeted for the fire department that will no longer be used now that they were awarded a grant and use the additional money of $4,000 + in the fire department budget repair fund and go ahead with the fire truck repairs. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
C. Setting a meeting date for the Town Road/Driveway Committee to meet—Postpone setting a meeting date until next month.
1. Fire Department 2007 Budget Presentation—Fire Department President, Stan Dietsche, presented the 2007 Fire Department Budget. He noted that the entire budget was increased $2,200 over the 2006 budget. Frank seconded by Mike made a motion that the town approves the fire department budget as presented. Motion carried 3-0.
2. Discussion/approving of the Schultz CSM—Frank made a motion to approve the Certified Survey Map for the Schultz property. Mike seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
3. Discussion/decision—Town’s response to Atty Maddens letter requesting a special meeting for a new plan submitted by Roland Pinno—Mike moved that the Town Atty respond to Atty Madden with a letter stating that the town needs a formal letter of intent to start the rezoning process and the earliest the town can meet is 45-days after the town receives the letter of intent. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0. Mike asked that a note be included with this letter stating that the town prefers to meet on Town Board Meeting nights and this would also be contingent on the availability of the Plan Commission on a different night.
4. Discussion/decision regarding the Prange vs. WI DOT—Affidavit of Peter Michels—Discussion took place regarding the letter from Biersdorf & Associates, P.A. dated 8/25/06. Mike made a motion that the Town Attorney returns a letter to Biersdorf stating that Pete Michels is not authorized, nor can he legally sign this affidavit. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
5. Approval to issue an operators license to Nicole Duel—Frank seconded by Mike made a motion to issue an operators license to Nicole Duel. Motion carried 3-0.
Approving the monthly vouchers and checks—The Clerk asked the board for permission to pay the US Bank charge card bill when it is received in the mail. Frank moved seconded by Mike that the Clerk has permission to pay the US Bank charge bill. Motion carried 3-0. Frank made a motion to approve the paying of the vouchers. Mike seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
With no further business to discuss, Mike made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Frank seconded the motion. Motion carried 3-0.
Town of Lamartine
October 8, 2018 October Town Board Meeting Minutes
September 10, 2018 September Town Board Meeting Minutes
August 13, 2018 August Town Board Meeting Minutes
July 9, 2018 July Town Board Meeting Minutes
June 11, 2018 June Town Board Meeting Minutes
May 14, 2018 May Town Board Meeting Minutes
May 7, 2018 Public Hearting Town Plan Commission - C&B Venture LLC by Mueller Exc. for CUP
May 7, 2018 Public Hearing - Plan Commission - Tulledge & Wegner for CUP
May 7, 2018 Public Hearing - Plan Commission - Vision-Aire Acres, LLC for CUP
April 17, 2018 Annual Town Meeting